A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a type of picture ID you can make use of to get discounts agreed to Veterans at numerous restaurants, accommodations, shops, along with other businesses. Determine if you’re entitled to a Veteran ID Card—and how exactly to use.
Am I entitled to a Veteran >
You may qualify in the event that you meet each of what’s needed down the page.
Both these must certanly be real. You:
- Offered on active responsibility, within the Reserves, or within the National Guard (such as the Coast Guard), and
- Gotten an honorable or basic release (under honorable conditions)
You’re not eligible for a Veteran ID Card if you received an other than honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable character of discharge. Before we approve your application if you have an uncharacterized or unknown discharge status, we’ll have to verify your eligibility.
You’ll need certainly to offer a duplicate of one’s release documents once you make an application for a VIC to show your character of release.
Take note: Retail vendors volunteer to indulge in this discount system. In case a continuing company chooses to offer discounts to Veterans, it does not imply that we’re recommending or favoring that business.
How can I submit an application for a Veteran >
It is possible to use online now.
You’ll require this information
Once you use, make sure to have these readily available:
- Your Personal Protection quantity
- A electronic content of the DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22 you could upload. This might be in a .pdf, .jpeg, or .png file format.
- A duplicate of a present and valid government-issued ID, such as for example a driver’s permit, passport, or identification card that is state-issued.
You’ll likewise require a color that is digital of your self through the arms up. The picture should follow every one of these criteria:
- Show a complete view that is front of face and throat (without any hat, mind covering, or headphones covering or casting shadows in your hairline or face), and
- Be cropped from your own arms up (just like a passport picture), and
- Explain to you along with your eyes open and an expression that is neutral and
- Be studied in clothing you’d use for a driver’s permit picture, and
- Be described as a square size and now have a white or plain-color back ground (without any scenery or other individuals within the picture), and
- Show everything you appear to be now (an image taken sometime within the last few a decade), and
- Be uploaded being a .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .tiff file
What goes on when I submit an application for a Veteran >
As soon as you’ve submitted your VIC application, check your eligibility we’ll and verify that:
- Your character of release meets eligibility demands, and
- The ID you presented (driver’s license or passport) is legitimate, and
- The image you’ve opted for to seem from the card fulfills the picture needs
After we’ve verified your eligibility, we’ll send you an e-mail letting you realize the status of one’s application. While we verify your eligibility if you have an unknown or uncharacterized discharge status, your application will take more time to process. (we possibly may have to request your documents through the nationwide Personnel Records Center.)
From us asking for additional information or evidence to process your application, you’ll need to sign in to AccessVA and update your application with the information we ask for if you receive an email.
Look at the status of one’s application when you use
You’ll register to your AccessVA account to check on the status of your VIC application.Sign directly into your AccessVA account
Substitute your Veteran >
To request a card that is new please deliver us a contact. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get assistance with the job
When you have any concerns or require assistance, please deliver us a contact. E-mail us at email@example.com
Find out about the way the Veteran >
Will my Veteran ID Card change my other ID that is military?
No. Your Veteran ID Card won’t substitute your Veteran Health Identification Card or your Department of Defense ID Card.
You need to use some of these types of ID to obtain the exact exact exact same discounts:
- A Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC), or
- A Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card—either a common access card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card, or
- A state-issued driver’s license or ID with a Veterans designation Note: in the event that you curently have one of these brilliant, you don’t desire a Veteran ID Card, you could nevertheless make an application for it if you’d like.
You can’t make use of your Veteran ID Card to:
- Prove your eligibility for just about any federal advantages, or
- Access army bases or installments, or
- Access commissaries that are military exchanges, or
- Present as a type of recognition in the airport, or
- Look at a VA medical center, or
- Show as proof your your retirement through the Armed Forces, or
- Show as proof wartime solution to obtain a license that is special through the Department of cars